The Foster Vet Coordinator helps ensure the health of each dog that comes into foster care by working with our foster families and network of veterinarians to determine the best course of action for a dog. We would like to split this position between two people to make it more manageable.
PURPOSE: To assist CGA Foster families with approving, arranging, and scheduling veterinary care for Foster Dogs after their initial Spay/Neuter Package.
(Initial Spay/Neuter arrangements are managed by the Intake Veterinary Coordinator).
This position is the "face" of CGA to our participating veterinarians, and to our foster families. This position is the "Point Person" for foster families and veterinarians regarding veterinary care.
- Answer phone calls and emails from foster families regarding veterinary concerns.
- Keep a "knowledge base" of information about common greyhound maladies, particularly those experienced while in the fostering transition.
- Counsel Foster Families on remedies and methods when veterinary care is not required.
- Identify participating Veterinarians and Specialists.
- If veterinary care is required, provide approval to the veterinary office.
- Make arrangements for appointments, or provide guidance on how the family can make their own appointment.
- Follow up with the Veterinarian for outcomes, recommendations, and diagnosis.
- Provide care cost estimates to the Board Of Directors for extraordinary expenses, including surgeries and non-routine treatments.
- Liasion between the Veterinarian/Specialist, and the Foster Family and the Board of Directors in situations that require mediation.
- Excellent "Customer Service" skills. Friendly phone manner.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent follow-through skills
- An understanding of greyhound behavior and greyhound-specific maladies (at the layman level).
- Philosophies on care and expenses should align with CGA's status as a non-profit.
- Should have knowledge of and familiarity with CGA's culture and philosophies.
Varies depending on how many dogs are in foster at any given time.
If this is something you would be interested in, please contact Naomi Weaver at email@example.com.